Inappropriate sinus tachycardia, strong heartbeat, ECG showed fast pulse. Caused by perimenopause?

Hi, I am 48 years old, have CFS/ME and was diagnosed with inappropriate sinus tachycardia 7 years ago. For the last 5 months I have been getting a very strong heart beat that is there most of the time and keeps me awake at night. I have recently had an ECG at home as I`m housebound with the CFS which was ok apart from showing a fast pulse . I think I am in perimenopause, could that be causing it or should I get more tests done?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
yes perimanopusal period also can cause variability in heart rate and palpitation etc.
as you already have inappropriate sinus tachycardia problem in that case it might possible that perimanopusal state will aggravate problem
and also you have problem since 7 year so it might possible that disease also may have progress ,

so i advice you to consult once cardiologist and get one EKG and 24 hours holter study so we can confirm any abnormal progress in sinus tachycardia problem
if it due to peri manopusal period it will subside once you attain full manopusae
also get your thyroid level because it will also commonly affected in peri manopusae period and will change heart rate
take care