Inability to grip with right thumb. What is the recommended treatment?

I am feeling difficulty in writing. I am unable to hold pen properly. Specifically my right thumb slips frequently while writing. Last 8-9 years I am facing this problem. I am 33 yrs old male having 5ft 7inch height and weigh 90kg.I am a regular gutkha chewer. I want to get rid of this handwriting problem, please help me.
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012
Welcome to HCM!
Ater going through your query carefully I found few important points: you are 33yrs, 90kg, having slip of right thumb while writing from nine years, and you chew gutkha.

if I had been treating you I would have done a through examination of your hand and thumb, get an X Ray wrist! hand and thumb (right side ) along with nerve conduction study to check if there is a nerve weakness involved.

this condition does not look like being caused by gutkha chewing! however it is 100% effective to leave gutkha for ones general well being!!

As it is a long standing problem, and you have not mentioned that there is any other mental stress troubling you, it will be in your best interest to see a neurologist / orthopedician. It is almost not possible to tell the exact diagnosis without examination.

please see the doctor in person.
Hope the reply is helpful for you
Feel free to ask more queries.