In perimenopause and irregular bleeding. Transvaginal ultrasounds done. What is the cause of thick uterine lining?

I have had 4 transvaginal ultrasounds done in the past 6 years. In all of them, my edometrial stripe was abnormally thick (1.2cm to 1.4cm). I am 52 years old and have been in perimenopause during this time. I have no other symptoms except slight irregular bleeding. I was told about ten years ago I had uterine fibroids and was placed on birth control pills for about six months. What is the most likely cause of this abnormally thick uterine lining? I am due to have a d & c and hysteroscopy .
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012