In need of 3 root canal treatments. Unbearable pain. No relief with painkiller tablets. Help

My 31-year old daughter got tooth pain at the beginning of the week, resulting in an oral surgeon telling her on Friday she needs 3 root canal treatments. We are in New Zealand, so diagnosis was around 24 hours ago. She has been prescribed Nurofen plus, which helps for a brief period, but then the pain comes back at full force. She is just about dying of pain. Took 1 amoxycillin at 6 am, with 2 nurofen. Two further nurofen at 10 am, which basically didn't help. Topped it up with 2 paracetamol but still no relieve. From an accident last year I have tramadol lying around so she has just taken two of those as 2 tramadol together with 2 panadol helped perviously. Advise please on what to take/not to take. She is very scared to take too much and damage her inside organs, but this pain is unbearable. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013