In menopause, spotting. History of D&C and polyp removal. Heavy bleeding. What is going on?

I am 55 years old and had been in menopause for 18 months and started spotting. My doctor did a d&c in february and said removed some polyps. Now in April I started bleeding again but very heavy. What could be going on ? I am so scared that it could be cancer.she said I may have to have a hysterectomy. She said she could not keep doing d&c's to controll the bleeding. Could you in lighting me on this. Thank you christine
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013