In menopause, have constant hard cyst below breast plate. Family history of breast cancer. Is further investigation appropriate?

hi i am a 50 year old women who has a history of breast cancer on my maternal side, mother, grandmother, and have a small hard cyst just belowmy breast plate in the middle I have had it for about 2 months, and my docter said she thought it was a cyst( starts with an s i think) but when i showed it to my mom, she said that is what she had, and when they removed it there was a mass under neath it and they took both her breasts ( that was 30 some years ago) should i look into this further? I am in menopause , have stopped menstrating and other wise in good health
Asked On : Tue, 29 May 2012