In early fifties, have got menses after a long period of time. What could be wrong?

Hi Doctors - My problem is that I am 51 and for the past two year have not seen my period . I have now started menstruating again in the past two day. What could be the problem. Regards Rachel Boya
Asked On : Sat, 4 Feb 2012
Hi madame Rachel welcome to H.C.M.Forum It could be physiological due to harmone changes . but you should consult a gynaecologist to exclude any infection, or some other changes . if the bleeding is more , dark coloured , or foul smelling you should see the doctor immediately. thank you.