In confusion, under mental trauma after confronting father's affair. Suggestion?

Im a 16 old girl and i recieved a messaged today from a woman claiming to be my fathers girlfriend the problem is that he is still married to my mother and i do not knw if this woman is tell the truth she know a lot about him and im confused and scared i do not know if i should confront him or tell my mother or jst keep it to my self i do not live with him becauae he lives in a different country because of his job please help me
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012
I can understand your predicament at this juncture. The foremost thing to do is to verify the authenticity of information and regarding the source of information. It is possibly just a prank. If you are convinced regarding the above, i would advise confiding the same to a trusted relative before proceeding in this sensitive issue.
Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I understand that this news can be quite disturbing and upsetting to you. But before making any hasty decisions, I would suggest that you fist verify the validity of the source of information which you have recieved. It could be a mistaken message to a wrong number or could be a prank message by someone also. I would suggest that you contact the person who sent you the message to find out the truth about this and then make your decisions. If you are feeling scared or very disturbed, please seek the help of someone else - maybe a close friend or relative, to help you handle this issue.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist