In ICU with lung cancer, under propophol and fentanyl, taken off respirator. What does it mean ?

My husband is in ICU waiting end of life for lung cancer . He is under propophol and fentanyl and has been taken off respirator over 14 hours ago. His oxygen level is 92 now and heart rate up from 80/50. It has been over 16 hours now and I would like ot know what it means because I have no info from the ICU staff and no doctor has been in for over16 hours as well. What should I expect going forward? Thanks so much.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012