Impetigo on face, red cheeks, discharging clear liquid. Causes for symptoms?

Hi, I have recently suffered from Impetigo on my face, after around 2 weeks of both antibiotic and skin cream it looked to have cleared up. After consulting my doctor, he advised me to go off the skin cream and antibiotics and to apply a face moisturizer . After 2 days of no treatment, my cheeks are red, itchy, dry and weeping clear white liquid. Im just wondering what the potential cause could be and any ways to help my problems. Thanks!
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012