Impetigo. On mupicorin, keflex, bactrim. Recovered. Skin dry, rough. Use moisturizer?

Hi, I was diagnosed with impetigo four days ago and put on Mupirocin, Keflex, and Bactrim. I had gone to the ER because my entire face swelled up to the size of a basketball, and my face rash (which covered almost my entire forehead, eye area, and both cheeks) started leaking yellow pus.

I started noticing a difference from the meds after the first day. It is the fifth day and I no longer have the pus or crust and my skin is starting to feel more smooth with a little roughness. I stopped using the Mupirocin on the fourth day because I felt like my pus was gone, and it was irritating my skin and causing the redness around my face to grow. I will continue to take the oral antiobiotics for the prescribed period of ten days.

Here is my question: I have been washing my face with a gentle non-drying cleanser twice a day, but right now my skin is red and it feels tight. I can see flaking, and some parts of my skin are scaly looking. Sometimes I feel a tingling or burning sensation that goes away. Do I need to put moisturizer on my face? I know they said the redness from impetigo will eventually goes away and to avoid sun and cosmetic products, but what if my redness is also caused by dry skin? My skin was prone to dryness before I got the impetigo. Thank you!
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013