Impact on left kneecap. Severe pain and swelling. Is it a sprain?

Hi, I m a very athletic 24 year old and I took a fall playing softball yesterday and impacted my right knee directly on the left side of the knee cap. Felt some discomfort about an hour after and progressed in pain abit more into the night and thought I did something structurally wrong. Main specific pains include fully bending my knee with pain in the back behind the kneecap and now discovering sitting cross legged is extremely difficult with pain in the same spot. There is some swelling on the impact zone on the left side of the knee cap to note. I did some looking around and it makes the most sense that it could be a MCL problem, hoptfully a sprain but I don t really know anything for sure. Could you help me please?
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012