Impact of dog's teeth on hand with saliva, no visible injury. Took vaccination after a week. Precautionary measures?

Hi Doctor 7 days back, while surving food, a street dog jump and took it from my hand. I felt impact of teeth on my hand along with saliva . I went to home and washed my hand with detol and found there were no visible injury. Dog is still alive , however I decided to get the vaccination done after 7 days. I went for 1st vaccination shot today. Is it safe or are there any further precatution I have to take.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012