hello and welcome to HCM,
You have many problems like the GERD
(or the reflux), snoring
(due to sleep apnoea), apnoec attack (cessation of breathing due to sleep apnoea) and a lump in the thyroid
All these problems are ultimately and intricately related to your weight gain which is the root of all your malady.
Now we know we have to control your weight and solve your problem but before that we need to confirm whether your weight gain is because of your diet and lifestyle or is it because of hormonal
do these immediatly:
1. Consult an endocrinologist
to rule out any hormonal abnormality
2. Perform an Upper GI endoscopy
to quantify the extent of reflux and also to confirm the diagnosis. This will also be useful in assessing treatment and during follow up.
3. Perform a sleep study or poly-somnography to quantify the extent of sleep apnoe and also to guide the treatment.
after all these depending on the findings of the tests the further treatment will be catered.
meanwhile from your side you can do the following:
1. Reduce weight and maintain a healthy weight. This is easier said than done but believe me all your problems will disappear if you can achieve this miracle!
2. Avoid spicy, oily and high carb food especially in the night
3. Do not wear tight clothing and do not lie down immediately after meal
4. Avoid caffeine, cigarettes and alcohol
take care and get thinner and well soon!!
Dr Sriram Nathan