Immediate hip, knee and lower back pain on landing post playing a shot, no relief. What could the cause be?

I was in P.E. class and we were playing basketball. I was running to my left to block a shot and I jumped and landed and as soon as I landed my hip, knee , and lower back began to hurt unbelievably bad! They have been hurting for about 3 days and it has not gotten better. I have not had problems with these regions before.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012
Dear Sir,
The only muscle which crosses the hip and the knee and can also give rise to back pain is the hamstrings. With the history that you have given it will be appropriate that you meet up an orthopaedic surgeon to rule out any occult fractures which can also happen in such an injury. The most probable cause in your case appears to be a hamstring strain which can be treated with sufficient rest, analgesics, muscle relaxants and local balm applications with heat.