I'm on the pill and my period came one week early. Does it mean the pills are not working ?

I'm on the pill and my period came one week early I started taking the pill this month after being off it for a while. The last times I have gone on the pill after a break I usually get light spotting in the first month, however this time I got my period one week early. It is not light, it is a full period. Is this normal? What should I do? Will it keep coming during the placebo pill week as well or should I skip the placebo pills and go straight to the next pack? I do not want to bleed for 2 weeks. Am I still protected or does it mean the pills are not working?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Jan 2011
Sometimes it takes time for the pills to start action.Continue taking the pills as are supposed to .Dont take breaks.You are not fully protected in the first couple of cycles.I suggest using other forms of protection too.Once you cycles regularise then you should be ok.