Ill effects of Eating Raw rice on human health?

Hi, I have a friend with the habit of eating the uncooked rice. She developed this habit from the age of 14. In between She stopped it for 6 years, but now again she has got into the habit. Will this habit cause serious health issues. She also took iron tonics and medicines to get rid of iron deficiencies but still she is not able to get rid of the habit. Please let me know if it this habit will cause health issues.I need to help her get rid of this habit.
Asked On : Sun, 23 May 2010
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
If she is enjoying uncooked rice there will be no health problem, let her continue it.
If she gets digestion problem than she should dis continue it. Other wise there will be
no major health problem. thanks