If triglycerides is high can we give vldl value ?

if triglycerides is high i.e., more than 1000 can we give vldl value
Asked On : Sat, 27 Aug 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Ideally Triglycerides should be less that 150mg/dL. You may use this formula to calculate VLDL.
LDL= Total cholesterol - HDL - VLDL
You need to avoid eating fatty diet, fried food, ghee items, junk food. Get your thyroid hormones checked as thyroid disease can also show high fat in blood. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water.Do doily exercise to keep fit and reduce fat in body. Follow up with your Doctor and get properly managed for this problem.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
If triglycerides are abnormally high in a blood sample- more than 1000- then it is best to repeat the sample after adequate fasting and correlate the results with previous reports if available. If repeat sample shows the same results, then you can give the results accordingly.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal