If there is a permanent cure for viral infection, please suggest

Hi, I am a 35 yr old male and i was diagnosed with pericarditis resulting from a viral infection in aug 2009. I was then placed on an NSAID, naproxen 250mg twice daily which sorted out the problem. However, the pericarditis has re-ocurred about 7 times in the past one year and as a result, i am constantly on naproxen 500mg twice daily. I need to know if this medication is doing my body any harm and also, if i can continue exercising by playing squash. Also, i need to know if there is a permanent cure for the condition and if it can lead to more harmful situations like stroke?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Nov 2010