If my BP is 161/100 pulse87 ,should I be concerned ?

if my blood pressure is 161/100 pulse87 should I be concerned? if my blood pressure is 161/100 pulse87 should I be concerned?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Hi! Are you getting this reading consistently? Blood pressure fluctuates throughout the day and to get a better sense of where your numbers are, you'd have to take it several times a day over a period of a few days to get an average. If it is a consistent reading, the 161/100 is on the high side. The norm used to be 120/80 until just recently when the guidelines changed to 115/75. However, everybody is different and your "normal" could be 125/85 for example. I would suggest you see your doctor to get to the bottom of your blood pressure reading.