If it is proven that tobacco of any kind causes many health risk.

If it is proven that tobacco of any kind causes many health risk than why hasn t the Gov. banned it? I am a smoker of 37 years and have tried many times to quit but I always start back. I believe the only way to really quit is to get rid of the tobacco companies.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Sorry, you're on your own on this one, no help from big brother. Yes, tobacco is bad for you, so is alcohol for that matter, but you're going to have to take responsibility for your own life and kick the habit without government intervening and banning everything to save you (and millions of other smokers) from yourselves). Now, nobody will tell you it's easy to quit, some people will say that it's harder to stop using heroin than to stop smoking (hard to find evidence either way for that claim, but it may well be true). The average smoker has to quit 7 times before quitting for good, but I guess I don't have to tell you all of the health problems you are raising your risk for by continuing. You also don't have to quit alone, there are medications, programs, organization, you name it to help you. Talk to your doctor about the options, but though it's great that you want to quit, I'm afraid that you're not going to get legislative help to do so. Best of luck.