If a fetus has loop on neck, is normal delivery the correct ?

My sister had a normal delivery but unfortunately, the baby died because of asphyxia. Ultrasound result before the delivery says there s a loop of the cord on the fetal s neck. The OB said that she thought it was just 1 loop but then it was multiple and it was only seen when it was delivered. She had her ND last July 2,2011 and last ultrasound last July 1, 2011. The fetus had a multiple loop (4) over his neck but why do they still need to do normal delivery knowing that this will harm the fetus? She had a birth on her EDD. Ultrasound says there s a loop but why do they still need to do normal delivery in which they can do cesarean? Can we sue this OB? She took chances and didn t know what really is the effect of that to the baby and without explaining to my sister and my family the harm that this will cause...please help us...
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jul 2011