Ideas to prevent "no seums", mites at home

I think ,I have tiny bugs commonly referred to as no seums in my home along with apparently two types of mites 1-is black and shaped something like a grain of wheat (for lack of a better visual) and the other looks like pepper flakes or tiny flakes of glitter (yes glitter) so there seems to be three things going on here,HOW DO WE KILL THEM!!! the pest control people are totally no help and don t seem to have any experience or knowledge about these issues
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. no-see-ums or biting midges, are a major nuisance and the major medical issue associated with them is allergic reactions to the bite.
2. management methods included diking and drainage of marshlands to reduce the habitats used by the immature stages,On a large scale, removal trapping is conducted using CO2 as an attractant to lure the biting midges to an insecticide-treated target where they are killed.
i. Make sure there is no standing water for the mosquito larva to hatch.
ii. you can install proper screening for windows and patios to prevent no-see-ums from entering inside and other areas used for leisure and entertaining.
iii. most biting midges can pass through 16-mesh insect wire screen and netting, so a smaller mesh size is required.Additionally, because no-see-ums are so small and are weak fliers, ceiling and window fans can be used at high speeds to keep no-see-ums out of small areas.

. Even if a No-See-Ums is not a vector of disease, it can still be a pest, ending up in a person’s mouth, nose, ears, and eyes.
. It is believed that biting midges are drawn to mammals, including humans by detecting certain odors we emit, particularly the odor of carbon dioxide and the odor of lactic acid. That means that CO2 mosquito traps offer an effective form of No-See-Um protection.
. Knowing the breeding habitats, and that large scale control operations are not feasible, one can be prepared with repellents or make decisions to build, or visit, elsewhere.