Ice pick headaches, shadow behind eye. What does it sound like? Do an MRI?

about a year ago i went for my glasses and the optician said he saw a shadow behind my right eye and i should get it checked out. i did not get it checked out as suggested or an MRI done but recently i have been having" ice pick headaches" on the right side...could it be related ?..what would cause a shadow? i have an appointment with my optamologist but i am concerned and looking for info on possible causes in the interim..please advise
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013