IVC filter placed in the abdomen after brain injuey. Having pain in the abdomen. See the doctor?

yes what are symtoms of a problem with a ivc my husband had one placed in lower belly area on 19th of dec. to help with blood clots in both legs that formed while in hospital from brain injury , he has been home 1 week and started to complain of a funny pain in lower belly , they did not tell me what signs to look for if something happened to the ivc he seems to have a small area in his lower belly that feels like a small round ball . im not sure if i should take to er or just watch to see ?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013