IV drug user of diluadid, experiencing symptoms similar to cotton fever. Could I have Sepsis ?

I am an IV drug user of diluadid. I am currently experiencing symtpms similar to cotton fever though I always use clean needles and cottons, and sanitize my spoon before each use. I have had high fever, chills, uncrontoled muscle spasms which render me unable to move. It occurs spontaniously with little warning, lasting an hour to 2 hours. I had a fever of 103.6F and a heart rate of 134BPM about 1 1/2 hours ago and took a IM injection of dexamethasone to bring my fever down. It has steadily dropped down to 103, 102.3 and 101F (most current, approx 5 minutes ago). I am concerned I may have sepsis . I have been sick for a while and just started taking amoxicillin 500mg, prescribed every 8 hours, 3X a day for 10 days). This presription was obtained from a family member. I am afraid to go to the ER because of my tract marks and if it is sepsis they will want to keep me. How many days do they typically keep someone with sepsis? And could my symtoms be that of something else? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013