IM rod inserted after fermur fracture. Doing physiotherapy. Knee still stiff. Healing time?

Hi my Name is Ezekiel and I m a kenyan residing in the UAE,I was involved in a car accident almost 10months ago and I broke my right femur (communited subtrochanteric femur fracture ),I had surgery and an IM rod inserted in the femur with two screws one at the hip and the other just above the knee, am still using two crutches though my doctor advised me to practise using one after checking the most recent x ray i took about a month ago that indicates significant union of the bone. when i use one I feel some discomfort and slight pain on my knee but nothing serious.I do mostly home based physiotherapy exercises since my insurance does not cover these,so now I have a number of questions which I hope can be answered by a specialist orthopaedic surgeon the length of healing time unusual for my condition(10months so far)?my knee feels stiff and can only bend to a maximum of 45degrees is it possible for this to be corrected at this stage?is there anything else I can do to speed up the healing process?i drink plenty of milk and beef bone soup, I take calcium supplements too
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012