I woke up and my heart was beating really fast.

I woke up and my heart was beating really fast and wont stop? i woke up and my heart felt like it was jumping out of my chest. i went and took a shower and while i was there it was still beating really fast. it still is now. is there something wrong with me?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Dec 2009
Well there are various reasons why this could happen... #1 - You drank too much coffee/or other types of caffeine #2 - You took some type of medication that could speed up your heart, ie: cold & allergy medicines, asthma medications #3 - You are having a panic attack #4 - You've eaten too much... #5 - You have drinken alcohol the previous night...Causing heart palpitations the following day... #4 - Some other type of health-related issue that you may need to get checked out, if it keeps persisting...See your doctor