I will be on my period then and I have a pretty heavy flow, What should I do ?

What would you do if you had to wear a dress to a party and had your period?
Ok, so my best friend's birthday is next month and she's having a big party, and it's formal so I already have my dress picked out- strapless, black, knee length. So the way it seems, I will be on my period then and i have a pretty heavy flow. What should I do? I'm scared of leaking and it going down my legs. Is there a way that I can make it come at least 1 or 2 days earlier, so that the heavy flow will be gone from then? And also, there will be a DJ with music, and alot of games, so I know I will be doing ALOT of running around. I use a pad, and not tampons
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Do you think you will be the only girl on her period at the party? You won't...and it's a part of life, and you just have to accept it. Now, what to do while at the party. If you are wearing pads, then continue to wear pads, because you will be more uncomfortable with just trying it for the first time. That being said, you just have to be precautious...and the wearing of tight shorts under your dress is a great idea. It will give you a little more comfort. And...aspirin thins your blood and your flow will be heavier, so if you can withstand taking aspirin, then do so. Best of luck to you, and be yourself, and have fun. Being on your period is not a curse, it's a part of life. You will soon realize that.