I weigh 226 lbs and i am 15 years old. Is it OK ?

im 15 years old and i weigh 226lbs i knw im over weight i just need help getting some of it off. can you help me???
Asked On : Tue, 4 Jan 2011
welcome to HealthMagic forum
first of all you should consult a doctor to rule out that you are not having any metabolic disorder
most common cause of over weight being over eating and lack of exercise
if you are in that group ,you should immediately take a new year resolution of developing good habit of taking balanced diet that should contain various types of vegetables,cereals,fruits protein containing stuffs like boiled egg, fish 'chicken if you are vegetarian should have pulses ,soya chunks milk products like paneer etc
should not take cold drinks, sweets cake pastry ,fast foods, and all high calory stuffs
strict dieting with no fasting but 4 regular feeds
2 main [lunch and dinner] .2 nastas [break fasts, evening tea]
should take atleast 1.5 litre of liquids
next come regular exercises
easy one is fast walking ,jogging running .for at least 45 minutes
exercises with weights under guidance will be more effective
cycling and swimming are also good ones
be determined to pursue weight reducing measures and you will be a change person
have good health
Dietitian & Nutritionist Farha's  Response
IF UR OWERWT 1ST CHECK THYROID LEVELS FT3-FT4 , TSH
AVOID BINGING HABIT HVE SMALL FREQUENT MEAL 2HRL
DINNER 3HR BEFORE BEDTIME
AVOID BAKERY ,CONFECTIONERY ITEMS, FAST FOOD
GO ON SIMPLE GREEN VEGAN DIET WITH LESS OF DAIRY PRODUCT FOR 2MONTH WITH REGULAR EXERCISE AND SEE THE CHANGE