I was having a heart attack or something else, please suggest me

Any idea what a tearing heart pain might be in a 19 year old female? I am 19 years old and I was grocery shopping when I I had a sudden heart pain, it felt as if someone was twisting each side of my heart in opposite directions, it was so bad I could not breathe. I have never felt this kind of pain before and I have no history of heart problems. The pain was worsened by coughing and lasted about 15 minutes and then afterward each time I coughed it became painful again. Of course my mom thinks I was having a heart attack or something but I don t buy it, I am only 19! So I thought I would get some extra help. Does anybody have any idea what this could be or at least something to tell my mom to calm her worrying. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009