I was diagnosed with a mid-thoracic strain and I was injured at work. The muscle has since become more tender to the touch and more sore

I was diagnosed with a mid- thoracic strain and I was injured at work Hello, I was diagnosed with a mid-thoracic strain and I was injured at work. I was put through physical therapy and improved and then was released to continue exercises at home. Due to stressful situations in life, I have neglected to continue to use the muscle normally and doing the exercises. The muscle has since become more tender to the touch and more sore . However it is only sore in that one area and is not widespread and I have no other symptoms. Therapy exercises do not increase the pain. Could this sensitivity be due to weakness of the muscle from not using it?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Feb 2011