I was diagnosed with a heart murmur. Is there anything I can do now to prevent bad things from happening ?

I am 25, and was diagnosed with a heart murmur about a year ago. When I get stressed or drink too much caffeine , it hurts when it skips a beat (I have been trying to cut back on both). My family has a history of high blood pressure and heart disease . My question is, will a heart murmur develop into a worse condition later in life? Will I be more prone to any heart disease or heart attacks when I am older? Also is there anything I can do now to prevent bad things from happening?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009