I was a smoker for last 15 years. What is the possibilities of getting heart attack?

Hello, i began smoking aged 27 and fell into addiction of smoking cannabis joints daily (with tobacco) for 15 years, with a few "breaks". I am now aged 42 and have quit, and am so terrified that i am doomed to get lung cancer . What can i do to try and heal the damage and protect myself from this happening (vitamins, steam lungs?)?, and what are my chances of getting it and should i have regular chest x rays to detect any problems? L
Asked On : Sun, 18 Apr 2010