I want to loose some weight in 1 month

hi im 22yr old female nd my weight s 72 i want reduce soon as possible in 1 month because im getting engage next month insha allah.. plz dr help me out...
Asked On : Sun, 29 May 2011
Hi Shaziya,
Nice to know you are getting engaged next month. My best wishes are with you. Do not try to starve yourself. Get to terms with the fact that there is no magic treatment that will make you slim instantly. It is the body constitution, that some are on the heavy side while others remain a bag of bones even though they appear to be eating every thing that is available.
Basic idea is that intake should match output requirements and not overload ourselves with Calories that we do not require. What is observed in overweight persons is that they enjoy and relish almost every thing edible, on which they can lay their hands, it is controlled by the brain. It is the in between meals, tit bits that are the real culprit than the main course. Try to avoid frequent visits to the refrigerator, eat more green leafy vegetables, drink plenty of water, avoid all fast food items.
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hello shaziya,

regular excercise specially cardio like jugging,brisk walking.swimming also help. yoga and pranayam are very helpful.
take lot of green leafy veg with fruits.
avoid white bread, pasta. please fast foods. you can take non veg specially chicken fish. but avoid red meat.
avoid palm oil. shift to sunflower oil.
use skimmed milk instead of cream milk.avoid ice cream.
drink a lot of water.
take small but frequent meals.
Never skip breakfast, which is the most important meal of the day, as it kick-starts your metabolism. Instead, eat a heavy breakfast and stick to lighter meals during the day, leaving the lightest meal for dinner.
take food 2 hr before food in night.
pranayama is very helpful if you have no contraindications.
avoid stress,take good sleep.
hope this will be helpful to you. take care
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Shaziya, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Are your Periods regular? If not, see your Gynecologist first to rule out Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) or Hypothyroidism because they are known to cause weight gain. Exercise regularly and go for regular Brisk walks for 30 to 40 minutes daily with an average of 100 steps per minute. Avoid high calorie foods like Junk and high calorie foods, eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. You can also do regular swimming and skipping, if you want to. Follow this routine for a Month, you should see better changes, Insha Allah.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
Dietitian & Nutritionist Peter S Fahmy's  Response
Hi Shaziya
& I can understand that u r in need to lose weight quickly
but I would like to tell u, take care from wrong quick weight loss, as it may cause increase in ur body fat percentage & decrease in body muscle content
So u have to follow a diet with specialist so he/she can follow u correctly, also u have to start regular cardio exercises