I want to know weather I am fit for conceiving ?

Hi my name is puja i am 27
yrs old got married 7 months back. I am very thin and my weight is 38 and height 5.1. I want to know wether i am fit for conceiving
Asked On : Mon, 17 Jan 2011
Hi Pooja,
You are absolutely fine, nature has blessed you with lean stature, ( people spend their fortune to get thin ). You are fit to conceive, enjoy your food, drink lots of water and have a cheerful attitude. Nothing forbids you from becoming a nice and successful mother.
Best luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.You are fit to conceive and there should not be a problem.You are grossly underweight.Best would be to take the help of a nutritionist and get a healthy body for future pregnancy.Good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi puja,

You are absolutely fit to conceive. Height and weight are not the criteria for conceiving.

What is important is that your uterus and ovaries are normal and functioning well.

Similarly your husbands semenal analysis should be within normal limits.

If these are normal then if you have intercourse during the fertile period, you can certainly conceive.

Wish you all the best.
hi welcome to health care per your height your weight may be 45 to take all vegetables,fruits,take dairy products,protien rich food to increas your weight then you conceive which will be good for both mother & baby