I want to know if the ivf high the risk of DS,trisomy ?

I.m 40.I did an Ivf then Doctors told me that my baby had trisomy 21.I want to know if the ivf high the risk of DS?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Feb 2011
Down syndrome is a genetic condition in which a person has 47 chromosomes instead of the usual 46. A woman's risk of having a child with Down syndrome increases as she gets older. The risk is significantly higher among women age 35 and older.Couples who already have a baby with Down syndrome have an increased risk of having another baby with the condition.IVF don`t increase risk of DS.Disclaimer