I want to increase haemoglobin

I want to increase haemoglobin without increasing fat plz suggest me foods
Asked On : Sat, 10 Oct 2009
  Anonymous's Response

You can take green leafy vegeatables, beetroot, brown rice, beans, dates, egg yolks, nuts, soyabeans and lentils. 

Dietitian & Nutritionist Grace Abraham's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic

Low Hemoglobin counts depends on the cause of the disease. In case of iron deficiency anemia, the treatment includes taking iron supplements and foods rich in iron in the diet. It is believed that iron in food from animal sources are more beneficial in increasing hemoglobin levels than that from plant sources. Shell fish, chicken, liver, beef, red meat, turkey, fish, pork are good sources of iron. Eggs,brewers yeast, blackstrap molasses, iron-fortified breakfast cereals, wheat germ, soyabeans, lentils, turnip greens, baked-potato skin , spinach, almonds, dates, raisins, jaggery, bajra(millets), pulses and all green leafy vegetables are also rich in iron.
While taking iron supplements and iron rich food, some food items, which affect the body's ability to absorb iron need to be avoided. These are called iron-blockers which include tea, coffee, foods rich in fiber, foods with high levels of calcium like milk, cheese, chocolate, caffeinated drinks and some medicines with phosphates and antacids. It will be more beneficial if you take vitamin C supplements or foods rich in vitamin C .
Vitamin C helps in the increased absorption of iron in the body and thereby increases hemoglobin levels.
If the reduction in hemoglobin count is due to iron deficiency, then sticking to a diet rich in iron can substantially increase hemoglobin levels. Iron blockers should be avoided and iron supplements and vitamin C should be taken for better results.
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello aksahy.. consume amla oa amla juice.. raisins, n dates everyday.. n u can also onsume apinach n all green leafy vegetables.. god bless..