I want to gain weight

i want to gain my weight , am 28 year old married persion. my height is 5.7"and my weight is 60 kg.plz suggest me about diets to gain weight
Asked On : Thu, 1 Jul 2010
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic

According to your height and weight your Body Mass Index is 20.8, which is below the normal (18.5-24.9). Your diet should be high in protein which helps to build muscles and put on weight in a healthy way. Include whole legumes, pulses, milk products, soy milk(high protein,low fat). Take small frequent meals rather than three large meals.Snack healthy between meals with nuts - a handful, fruit milkshakes, yogurt,flavoured soy milk, cheese sandwiches, paneer or tofu tikka / cutlets, nuts/dry fruit milkshakes.Avoid taking junk foods like oily fried foods, carbonated drinks, highly saturated sweets , too much of coffee which all will suppress your hungry.Drink plenty of liquids to stay hydrated.