I want to gain weight, please suggest me

Hello sir, My name is Shikhar and my age is 17.I don't know if you are the right person to ask but i am just boiled up for an appropriate answer.The thing is that my height 5' 10'' and i weigh only 55.I look rather skinny and am in a need of a good medical advice.My summer vacations began on 15th and my only aim is to gain atleast 6-10 kgs this summer. So, if you can please give me proper advice on what kind of food should i take.I am vegeterian and those high calorie supplements make me quite lazy so i don't want them.I just need a good advice on how to eat and what to eat, how much calories per day,etc. Please sir, help me.
Asked On : Mon, 17 May 2010
  Anonymous's Response

take banana milk shake daily

Dietitian & Nutritionist Grace Abraham's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic

As per your height and weight , your Body Mass Index (BMI) comes to 18.3.Ideal body weight of your height should be between 65kg to 70kg.
Increasing weight in a healthier way is to have food which is high in protein.Proteins actually helps in building muscles and improves immunity.Foods rich in protein should be included in your diet.
Whole pulses, legumes, milk and milk products like curd, buttermilk, paneer;soya products like soy milk, tofu;nuts like groundnuts, almonds, walnutsand dry fruits;high calorie fruits like banana, seethaphal, sapota,avocado should be included.Aviod junk foods like carbonated drinks, oily fried snacks,pizza's,highly saturated sweets instead substitute with boiled chole,boiled groumndnuts,lassi, fruit milkshake,low fat yogurts,flavoured soy milk,chesse sandwich, dry fruit milkshakes, gronudnut chikki/burfi,any fruit like green banana.
Protein supplements also help to gain weight.Supplements like ENSURE or RESOURCE HIGH PROTEIN are easily available in pharmacy which can be taken mixing the above protein powder with milk or water as directed and should be taken at least twice a day.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
First get your stool examination. if abdominal worms are there then get dewormin abide by advice of nutritionist and add a liver tonic also to digest what soever you consume. In ayurveda for this we advice
1 for worms---- krimi kuthar ras
2 for liver------- sy. livomyn.