I want to become more healthy, what should I do ?

I am too tall(185cm),too slim and jst 48kg weights and now am a 19year guy. I want to become more healthy what i do plz help me sir ?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Oct 2010
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic

With the information that you have given , your Body Mass Index ( BMI ) is 14, which is on the lower side ( normal BMI is 18.5-24.9 ).Here are some tips to increase your weight.
Try to avoid junk foods like oil fried foods and carbonated drinks instead go in for fruit milkshakes , soy flavoured milk , try taking full fat milk and milk products, Include more of protein rich foods in the diet like pulses, legumes , paneer , lean meats and egg in form of custards. Try taking small frequent meals instead of three big meals, include more of dry fruits and nuts daily in your diet .Avoid taking high concentrated sugary and fatty food items which will suppress your hunger.
Get the p90x program, it's WAY cheaper and it works better than a home-gym

Gaining weight is easy, just eat 6 small meals a day, make sure you eat 1-3 hours after your work-out, eating 1-2 hours before your work-out causes you vomit aka puke. And of course, hydrate yourself with water, not Gatorade because it has A LOT of salt in it.

Eat chicken/tuna more than other meats since it has less fat content in it.
If you're gonna eat meats fried, make sure you used virgin oil or sunflower oil.
Baked/Boiled foods are the best way to cook your food.
Try learn to cook if you go to fast food restaurants just because you're lazy, you're gonna regret it after the next day when your stomach goes crazy.....

Hope that helps