I use to take breath from mouth at night

Hi Dr, for me night breath is problem when i sleep I take breath from mouth, so is there any solution pls tell me
Asked On : Mon, 13 Sep 2010

Welcome to HCM.

Many people have the habit of mouth breathing during sleep. Most of the time this is due to lack of free flow of air through nostrils.

You may consult an ENT surgeon to exclude any problem in the nasal airway tract. If every thing is found to be normal, then you can hardly do any thing to avoid this involuntary mouth breathing.

Wish you all the best.
ENT Specialist Dr. Sreenivas's  Response
hi Bheri,
your breathing from the mouth is a common symptom.
you need to consult an ENT surgeon if you have nasal problems associated with snoring or have partner disturbance due to snoring or if you gasp for AIR during sleep
You may have an ENT examination to rule out causes of nasal obstruction, which may vary according to your age. This may include a CT PNS Scan, Sleep Cine MRI Study and/or endoscopy. You may also require to undergo a Sleep Study or Polysomnogram (PSG) at a Sleep Lab.