I stretched eyes. Swollen, red and hot ears. Infected? Or wait to heal?

I just recently stretched my ears from a 8 to a 6 gauge they were fine afterwards though the next morning (yesterday) I woke up and my right ear was swollen, red and hot to the touch. When I take the steel single flare out then it bleeds slightly. Though still goes in easily. Is this infected? Or do I just need to wait longer for it to heal?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Hello, welcome to HCM!

The description you give of your ears is certainly consistent with an infection. Typically, infected skin (anywhere on the body) will be red, hot, swollen or painful to the touch. You would be wise to be examined by your family doctor as soon as possible, as there may be a need for antibiotics. I would not recommend simply waiting for it to heal.

Wishing you good health, thanks for the question!