I started menstrual period after IUD removal, please suggest me

my husband and I decided to have another baby. So atfer having the Marina for 3 years I had it removed. My OBGYN told me I probably wouldn"t get my period for at least a month but I started the next day. Afetr 5 days I finally stopped my period and my husband and I had sex and I instantly started bleeding again. Is that normal? Is there any way I could still get pregnant even though I started my period again? With my other 2 children I got pregnant right away (without even planning or trying for them) so this has made me a little discouraged.
Asked On : Wed, 7 Apr 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi... The bleeding you have had could have been due to the hormonal disturbances following the removal of the IUD.. However, pregnancy is still a possibility.. The best way to know what the cause could be is by getting the test done.. Since it is too early for a urine pregnancy test, you can either wait for 4 weeks and then get those tests or alternatively a transvaginal ultrasound may be tried after 2 weeks to check for pregnancy.. A pap smear should also be a useful tool in the present scenario... This is only for your information and the opinion can change after an examination by a doctor...