I started bleeding brown blood, is it normal period ?

I started bleeding brown blood and having really bad cramps on november 23rd. I went to the ER and the doctors told me it was just a natural period. Well on November 3rd i started bleeding red blood and the cramps were just as bad as when i was bleeding brown blood. Was i pregnant? Whats wrong?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Dec 2010
  Anonymous's Response
You may have had an infection that caused the blood to be brown.
The possibility of pregnancy depends on your age & last sexual contact. If that had been a miscarriage I'm sure the pain would have been very obviously not menstrual cramps(speaking as someone who has went through that experience), but if pregnancy was a possibility meybe its better to get that checked out..?