I sprained my ankle about a month ago but now also there is a swelling

hi, i sprained my ankle about a month ago and it still hasnt healed completely. Can you tell me whats wrong and how to help it heal quicker? i now have the full range of motion back but it pulls (pinch? doesnt really hurt). Another thing i noticed is that it swells up occassionally does that mean i am reopening the tissues that are repairing? I also have a friend thats trying to become a doctor and he told me i should exercise and walk on the ankle so it can heal quick, is this true or do i need to rest it? He said its the new school of thought versus the old school where you use rest ice compress elevate
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011