I see drops of blood in my urine. doc advices us to do cystoscopy. Will that be necessary ?

Hello doc,for few days now I see drops of blood my 10 yr old daughter s urine.A urine test[was done[everything was ok but the presence of red cells in urine were many ] , blood test was done [which showed MCV 52{very low}as it should be btn 76-96} and ultra sound was done the result was normal, there was no sign of anything being wrong with her kidneys nor anything else.One doc advices us to do cystoscopy. Will that be necessary ? Please advice. We are told that her iron level is too low though she eats well. She has thelesemia minor.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011