I put on weight after the removal of uterus

Hallo doctor , I am 46 yrs old housewife...My Uterus have been removed in Jan 5th 2011...It was removed through i dont have stitches on my stomach...but after operation i find my waist size is it is 38 ...i want to reduce my tummy so shall i start doing Yoga exercises...I am doing only walking and have not yet started anyother exercises...then will i be able to join gym in future?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jul 2011
Hi,kalpana,thanks for query.Please note that the surgery has nothing to do with increase in your waist size.It might be something else like hormonal changes ,diet etc.You can do any exercise you want and joint gym also.sufficient time has passed since surgery so there are no restrictions on you.

wishing you good health.
Halo doctor,

Thank u very much for your reply...My mother is always telling me u should not life weight and give any pressure for your abdomen life long...orelse u will face someother problems i was scared...thanks once again for clearing my doubt