I put a lot of fat. Can you help me out of this ?

I am doing night shift from the last 6 month. Now I put a lot of fat, when i checked my esr test it shows 26. Can you please help me out of this.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Dec 2010
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic

Since your on night shift you might feel hungry during late hours after 12, and that you must have been munching on junk foods so that you are awake which will to increase in fat in the body. First try to get at least 6-7 hours of sleep in the morning. As soon as you come after work try to have some breakfast wait for an hour and then go to sleep . May be in the afternoon when you get up , have proper lunch which will help you not feeling hungry in the later hours.then as soon as you reach office take a light snack of sandwiches and something to drink . Try and avoid sugary concentrates which will increase the calorie intake.During 2 or 3 am, have a fruit bowl or whole fruit which will help you to feel full throughout your work.but do minimum physical activity in your work place , like taking stairs, going for walk in between breaks and try not sit in the same place for not more than half hour .
General & Family Physician Dr. Jagdish's  Response

ESR is not the measurement of fat level. Because of night shifts, your day life might be becoming sedentary. So, you have to do exercise. And also avoid fatty foods.

Regards, Dr. Jagdish