I pregnant with my second child and about five weeks pregnant. I am having cramping.

I pregnant with my second child and about five weeks pregnant. I am having cramping and wondered if this is normal. No bleeding or spotting. Also is there a posibility that I could be having twins? My mother had twins on her third pregnancy is it possible that cramping could be from twins? I did not feel this way with my first.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Abdominal cramps may be normal during pregnancy.. It may be due to other cause too.. If the cramps are severe, get  an examination done by a doctor.. Since cramping can be associated with many other causes the only means of determining twin pregnancy is by means of ultrasound examination..